- OpenGov is the leader in cloud-based solutions for government.
- The OpenGov Cloud is the only integrated cloud solution for budgeting performance, communications and reporting.
- Over 2,000 public agencies use OpenGov—including the State of Ohio; the City of Richmond, VA; and Minneapolis, MN.
- OpenGov was founded in 2012, and is backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Weatherford Capital, Emerson Collective, 8VC, and Thrive Capital.
- OpenGov is headquartered in Redwood City, CA.
- Weatherford Capital is a family-owned private investment firm founded in 2015. Their team has over 30 years of investment experience conducting over 60 transactions across the globe.
- Weatherford was a lead investor in PayIt, a digital government and payment platform recently backed with $100MM from Insight Venture Partners.
- Weatherford is headquartered in Tampa, FL.
- Weatherford Capital
- Government Technology
“This new investment not only validates OpenGov’s position as the budgeting and performance software leader for government, it fuels our ability to successfully build, sell, and deploy state-of-the-art, mission-critical solutions that have become the safe and trusted choice for governments.”
Zac Bookman CEO, OpenGov
“OpenGov’s innovative technology, accomplished personnel, market leadership, and mission-first approach precisely address the growing challenges inherent in public sector budgeting, performance, and communications. We are thrilled at the opportunity to partner with OpenGov to accelerate growth and continue modernizing how the public sector operates.”
Will Weatherford Managing Partner, Weatherford Capital
- OpenGov’s Capital Raise from Weatherford Capital and 8VC was announced on September 3, 2019
- Shea & Company served as the exclusive financial advisor to OpenGov
- Please click on the following link for an additional overview of the company and transaction from OpenGov CEO, Zac Bookman.